Top 5 Reasons For a Redesign
- Website technology Is out of date
- It’s not mobile friendly
- Your website is made up of 75 percent images, 25 percent text
- Your business has changed focus
- Does it align with company goals
The design process is something that all designers follow even though it varies from one designer to the other. The process also depends on the type of a design project you are working with.
There are several steps that business owners can take to ensure that their website redesign is successful and on time. This includes doing appropriate research, setting realistic expectations, overseeing the design process, and measuring your goals.
Research & Set Expectations
Although a good web designer will also do their own research, it is just as important for your company to do so as well. Your research should be preliminary and the results should decide what direction you’re heading towards. With this research, you should be able to explain to your designer what you want your website to be.
It’s a good idea to create a list that will guide the designer. Consider something like:
- Websites that you would like to get some design ideas from
- Colors, fonts, logos, and other branding materials
- Imagery you want to use
- The goal of the website (i.e., user registration)